Access the following article using ProQuest, the Ashworth College online library:
· Griggs, J. (2011). BP GULF OF MEXICO OIL SPILL. Energy Law Journal, 32.1, 57-79. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/869071045/13F9B6E0ACE2413E456/3?accountid=45844
Respond to the following:
1. In your own words, provide an overview of the events and implications of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
2. Explain the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, including why it was enacted, its general provisions, and OPA 90’s effectiveness in terms of containing a major spill.
3. Why did it take BP so long to stop the spill?
4. Which type of control would have been most helpful to BP in averting the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? Provide one (1) supporting fact to support your response.
Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages.