Business writing assignment 5: resume
Business Writing Assignment 5: Résumé
For this assignment, you will prepare a résumé that targets a specific employer and position.
- Visit one or more job-search websites and find several listings for job openings related to your major or on-the-job experience that you would possibly pursue.
- Analyze the job listings and develop a list of potential keywords for positions of that type.
- Think about skills and experience you have acquired in connection with your classes, projects, organizations, volunteer work, and full-time or part-time jobs, and develop a list of those skills and experiences.
- Choose one job listing as the position you are going to “apply for” and create a résumé that you would submit for this opening.
- Be sure to include in your résumé keywords from the list you developed and the skills and experience you have acquired.
Study Figure 18.4 on page 534 in your textbook for a good example and discussion of a résumé that positions a job applicant for an ideal opportunity.