Read “If We Must Die”
Write a 150 word analysis that the following question:
- According to the speaker, how should a person face death? Explain your answer in detail. Cite evidence from this text, and other literature, art, or history in your answer
Read the poem:
Write a 250 word analysis that addresses all of the following questions:
- What is the author saying about the American Dream?
- What type of Americans are being described in the poem?
- Whose voices are expressed in this poem? [people who are oppressed)
- Why does the author state, “ America was never America to me?”
- How does America fail some if any of its people?
- What sense of or type of feeling (mood) is expressed in the poem or particular stanzas?
- What perspective does the poem mostly focus on in terms of equality? (Targeted Audience)
- Who is left out of the poem in terms of marginalized or oppressed groups? (Who did the author not mention?)