ASSIGNMENT: This assignment has two parts. The first part is to prepare a clear and concise email communication (no more than two paragraphs in the body of the email) to the customer that will inform them about the new delivery date and the refund to compensate for the inconvenience.
The second part is to communicate an internal plan regarding the refunding and redelivery of the shipment. You will draft a message to your colleagues in the Accounts Receivable and Shipping departments about the time frame of each task that clearly identifies who has which task and by what time it needs to be completed. You will need to select an appropriate tool to communicate this message to your colleagues and explain why this would be an effective tool for this purpose.
For this assignment, you will:
- Demonstrate your ability to craft messages for the appropriate purpose, tone, structure, and audience.
- Be sure to include all the important information you need to communicate.
- Select an appropriate tool for workplace communication.
- Edit your messages for organization and style, ensuring professionalism with respect to formatting, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Email to the Customer
❒ Have you communicated all essential information to the customer regarding the actions you will take?❒ Have you chosen the appropriate language and tone for this audience?
2. Message to Your Team
❒ Have you communicated all essential information to your team regarding the tasks and timeline?❒ Have you clearly designated roles and responsibilities relating to the tasks?❒ Have you identified the tool from the list provided on the template that you will use to deliver your message?❒ Have you explained your reasons for choosing this tool?❒ Have you structured your message with this specific tool in mind?
3. Formatting and Conventions
❒ Have you formatted both messages using the Touchstone template provided?❒ Have you revised, edited, and proofread your messages to ensure they are clear and error-free?
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
- Each email message should be limited to no more than 12 sentences or 200 words.
- Use a readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Submission must include your name and the date.
- Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
- Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx
- Attached is the template, which further breaks down the steps involved in this assignment. You will complete the template as the final submission.
I’ve also attached the grading rubric. Thanks so much!