Culture and international trade | Financial markets homework help
Assignment 1: Discussion Questions—Culture and International Trade
Culture and politics are important parts of the external environmental and vary more across than within countries. These features should be carefully assessed before entering into a foreign market or location with a business venture.
Research the impact of culture and politics on business using your textbook, University online library resources, and the Internet. Respond to the following:
- Why is understanding culture critical for successful international business? Give examples of how understanding culture has been important for an international business.
- Classify and describe at least four different types of political systems that an international business might encounter. What type of political system might have the greatest potential for imposing adverse political risk on an international business? Compare at least one other system to the one you selected and explain why it has less potential for imposing political risk.
Write your response in 400 words or less. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Tuesday, February 5 , 2013, submit your assignment
Assignment 2: Case Analysis—Nike and International Labor Practices
There are certain important differences between developed and developing countries, some of which may lead to difficult ethical problems. The case study in this assignment describes Nike’s production strategy that lead to a labor controversy.
Read the following case study:
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic issues presented in the case.
- Describe Nike’s business strategy and how it involved controversial manufacturing relations. Discuss the opinions about this strategy.
- Describe and discuss the conditions in the manufacturing operations for Nike products. Comment on whether the wages in these manufacturing plants were too low. Cite data in support.
- What other U.S. companies are mentioned in the case? Describe them and their relationship to the labor issues. Does this issue seem to concern only Nike?
- In your opinion, did Nike take the right steps? Should they and other U.S. shoe manufacturers continue to contract for making shoes in Asia? Should the U.S. government be involved in regulating such operations?
Submit your work in a 4-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
By Saturday, February 9, 2013, deliver your assignment