Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review A Learning Process Model to Achieve Continuous Improvement and Innovation. Select a company with which you are familiar, preferably one where you have been employed, and consider a process within that company that could be improved. This could be a business process, a manufacturing process, a distribution process, or a service process that you have observed or been involved with during your career.
Your paper should
- Describe the company and how the selected process fits into the overall framework of the company.
- Create a step-by-step description of the current process incorporating a process flow chart.
- Analyze the current process for inefficiencies.
- Develop a process improvement recommendation including a detailed plan incorporating business process engineering theory and including benchmarking the reengineered process to a close business competitor. The process should be designed to be more efficient, using appropriate tools and methods learned throughout the course, including capacity utilization improvements and statistical quality control models.
- Explain possible challenges in implementing the process changes.
- Assess the expected benefits of the improved process and the potential benefits.
The Process Improvement paper
- Must be 6 double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and references page and formatted according to APA as outlined in the Ashford University writing Center [APA Style resource] (Links to an external site.)).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.