Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper in which you explore decision-making methods that can be used to resolve an ethical dilemma using the scenario provided in the assigned reading, “An Unconscious Patient With a DNR Tattoo.” Describe how to use the principles of ethical decision making (reviewed in this topic) to help resolve this ethical dilemma. Address the scenario to generate your conclusions about how you would proceed.
- What are the dimensions of the ethical dilemma?
- What are the potential organizational policies to which you will refer?
- Analyze the situation using one of the ethical theories discussed in the textbook. Describe how one might formulate assistance to the clinical staff using this theory.
- Describe the importance of reasoning in the decision-making process.
- Considering this dilemma, describe how a Christian worldview would inform ethical responsibilities?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.