In reviewing the case study on british airways, it is important to
In reviewing the case study on British Airways, it is important to consider the full 10-year period described in the case study (1980–1990). British Airways transformed itself from an organization of inefficiencies into a customer-focused and financially healthy organization. As you prepare your thread, reflect on the transformative power of change in almost every area of the company and the overall change in company culture, and respond to the following prompts:
- How was the accompanying reading, “Re-Energizing the Mature Organization,” germane to the case on British Airways?
- What was life like at the “old” British Airways? What was difficult about making change?
- What were the critical factors in the successful transformation?
- How did they transform themselves (e.g., key steps and sequence, risks)?
- What would you have done differently?
Prepare your thread in accordance with the instructions; also, review the Discussion Board Grading Rubric prior to posting your thread.
Your thread is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday. Your replies are due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.