Now that you have done the research and made a selection on the stock of a publicly traded U.S. corporation in your first assignment, in Week 4, it’s time to take a closer look at your choice with a detailed analysis. To complete this assignment, refer to the scenario from your first assignment, Investment Selection.Note: Please include any financial statements or relevant financial information in an appendix after the “Sources” page in your paper. These links or additional documents are not included in the required page length.Write a 4–6 page paper in which you do the following:
- Provide a detailed overview of the stock of the publicly traded U.S. corporation you selected in the assignment of Week 4. Provide the rationale for your selection and plans for a diversified portfolio.
- Select five financial ratios, then analyze the past three years of financial data for the investment (please obtain data from the financial statements or the equivalent).
- Analyze the price of the investment to stock market beta for the past five years.
- Create a trend line that depicts the price movement for the investment against the market index movement using elements of Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents (such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice), as appropriate. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Determine the type of investor who would be the best candidate for the chosen investment (e.g., a risk-averse investor, an aggressive investor, a broker, and a dealer in the market). Provide a rationale for why this investment is a solid choice. Support your assertion that someone with the investor profile you outlined should invest in this stock.
- Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Visit the Strayer University Library.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose why an investment is solid and who should invest in it.