Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment Instructions
The purpose of the Journal Article Review Assignment is to get you to begin to analyze recent and relevant research in your field. The journal article review is a way to dissect research conducted by scholars and experts. Solid, empirical research is the basis for a master’s degree and should be regarded as having the utmost importance. The ability to read, interpret, critically analyze, and integrate content from an article to a problem is a hallmark of those graduating with a master’s degree.
Critical incidents and stress in law enforcement are two areas that garner much attention in society today. There have been a number of critical incidents in recent years that demand attention. Stress in law enforcement results in substance abuse, domestic violence, and police suicide. This Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment will shed some light on a topic that demands attention from the forensic psychologist.
In this Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment, you will critically review 1 recent peer-reviewed article published in the last 7 years in a minimum of 2 pages. You may wish to spend some time researching critical review techniques for journal articles prior to starting this Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment.
- The Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment must follow current APA guidelines.
- There should be a minimum of 2 references
- The page count does not include the title page, abstract, reference section, or any extra material.
- See the grading rubric for additional guidance.
- You must follow the article focus prompt closely.
- Microsoft Word is the only acceptable upload format.
At a minimum, your Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment should have 3 sections with headings. Those three sections include:
- the identification of the premise and supporting points of the article,
- a synthesis of the article and the corresponding material in the textbook or a synthesis of the article with your personal experience with the topic, and
- a critical evaluation of the premise(s) and supporting points of the article.
The Journal Article Review: Critical Incidents Assignment must be on the topic of critical incidents or the traumatic stress of law enforcement.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.