Lab 5 of 7: package diagrams
Your analysis phase of the SRS project went well and your team feels good about their Functional, Structural, and Behavioral models. You also discussed the result of your analysis with the School of Prosperity (SoP) administration and they seem to be in line with your analysis models.
Now is the time to start the design phase where you generate specific directions for the implementation of the system by the software development group. The first step in the design phase is to examine the SRS class diagram and to try to simplify its organization using a package diagram. The package diagram ensures that classes that belong together are grouped into a single package and thus simplify the development of these classes and their maintenance.
Your deliverable this week is to generate a package diagram for the SRS system.
- SRS package diagram.
- Verification and validation of your work.
- Explanation of your work.
- Name of each member of your team and how they participated.
STEP 2: Generate the Detailed Package Diagram
- Dowload the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate. You are going to use this template for all of your Lab submissions throughout this course. This template is available in week1 Lab.
- Create a diagram for the SRS system using the Rational Software Architect software on the Citrix Lab environment based on your structural and behavioral models.
STEP 4: Verify, Validate, & Explain Your Work
- Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, verify and validate your work
- Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, explain your work, the decisions you made to arrive at your proposed solution, and lessons learned.
STEP 4: Generate an Object State Diagram
- Create a state machine diagram for an object of the RegistrationRecord class (the class that maintains the registration of a student in a class) using the Rational Software Architect software in the Citrix Lab environment based on your functional and structural models.
- Using the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, copy and paste your object state diagram into the template.
STEP 5: Upload your LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate Document
Save the LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate MS Word document with the file name LabWeeklySubmissionTemplate_YourName and upload it to the the Files section of the Course Menu.