MAT 543 Week 9 Case Study 2: Quality Analysis
The ambulatory health service at a university is experiencing an increased number of student complaints concerning the services it offers in its walk-in urgent care clinic. Using the data in Table 14-5 on page 296 of the textbook, select a complaint for analysis. Your analysis must include a fish-bone chart, other appropriate charts (run and / or control), and any other techniques you deem necessary to analyze the data appropriately.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Construct a fish-bone chart using Word or MS Paint.
- Construct a run and / or control chart using Excel.
- Recommend to the ambulatory health service on how it can improve the services it offers in its walk-in urgent care clinic, based on your analysis. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze projects using the tools of quantitative methods.
- Write clearly and concisely about quantitative methods for health services using proper writing mechanics.