Mgt 601 week 6 assignment
Develop an operational plan for an organization of your choice. Read the article, Operational Plan , for an overview of the required elements in this type of plan. Create a fictional organization that includes the name, type of business, size of organization, and the product or service that the organization offers. The paper must be between 8-10 pages in length and include five scholarly sources, in addition to the text. Your paper must:
· Develop an organizational chart for the proposed organization.
o Include the title of positions and a brief description of the positions’ duties and responsibilities.
o Chapter 8: 8.4-8.7 will provide you with the examples of how different organizations are structured.
· Define the organization’s vision, mission, and values
· Outline the basic planning process for the organization, and describes how the three levels of management influence this process.
· Explain why the quality, productivity, and profitability are important elements in the planning process
· Evaluate the relationship between the human resource planning activities and the overall organizational strategy
· Discuss the philosophy of management that will be applied to the management of the organization and how the structure of the organization will foster a positive work environment where employees will be motivated and productive.
· Compose the steps of control and types of controls included in the control process for the organization.
The Operational Plan
· Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center..
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.