Msm df 8 | Management homework help
Please refer to textbook ( the page numbers she uses do not match the online textbook version so please find the correct pages, if help is need please let me know):
In Discussion Forum 8, post your response to the following discussion topics. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the Course Calendar.
Introduction to the Activity
Organizational learning is an important component of effective implementation of change. We must be able to collect information about how we are doing to learn from both our successes and failures. Assessing the quality of organizational learning in your organization allows us to embed learning tools throughout the organization if missing to support double loop learning. Double loop learning challenges the status quo and allows for more dynamic discussions to develop as we critically think about what we currently do and what we need to achieve.
Consider the Following:
Use Exercise 29.1 on page 507 (Hayes) to complete this discussion. Note: This exercise is used in its entirety from the book.
Consider the quality of organizational or collective learning in your organization, or in a part of the organization you are familiar with. When making your assessment, reflect on the following:
- What is the balance between single and double loop collective learning and how does this relate to the kinds of changes (continuous or discontinuous) confronting the organization or unit?
- Do people fully appreciate the systematic nature of the organization and are they aware of how what they do affects overall organizational effectiveness?
- Are people motivated to share experiences and ideas, and seek a more effective way of operating?
- Is there an ideological commitment to an established way of doing things that discourages innovation and the exploration of new possibilities?
- What role does the leader play in creating a shared purpose focused on team/group achievement related to the learning cycle?
DF 8 is very straight-forward and asks you to reflect on what type of learning occurs in your organization or unit. Be sure to review the concepts of single and double loop learning as well as continuous and discontinuous change. Your entire answer will probably not take more than 250 words but be sure to answer all questions.