Pulling It All Together
Suppose you have been assigned to analyze the data from a psychology database. Several questions have been provided to guide your analysis, and you are expected to present your findings to a panel comprised of statistics and non-statistics professionals in the field of psychology. The Unit 9 Assignment will allow you to test your ability to analyze and communicate results that are valuable and understandable to all on the panel.
The Unit 9 Assignment is designed so that you can demonstrate your proficiency with descriptive statistics and tests of hypotheses covered throughout the course.
Here are the objectives that are being assessed in the Unit 9 Assignment.
- Given a research question and a data set, the student will be able to conduct t-tests for means including a one sample t-test, paired samples t-test, and independent samples t-test.
- Given a research question and a data set, the student will be able to conduct a one-way ANOVA test comparing means of more than two independent groups.
- Given a research question and a data set, the student will be able to conduct simple linear regression and use the output to make a prediction.
- Given a research question and a data set, the student will be able to conduct a chi square test of independence to examine the association between two categorical variables.
- Given output generated by Excel, the student will provide the correct interpretation of the output including the rationale for that interpretation.
You will find the Unit 9 Assignment Template and the Psych_Data Excel data set in Content > Virtual Office. Be sure to download the Assignment and the data set to your computer and save using a file name that includes your first and last name. When you have completed the Assignment,
Please save your Assignment and submit it to the Unit 9 Assignment Drop Box. You MUST submit only the Template word document and no other files. Excel and/or StatKey output should be copied and pasted directly into the Assignment template.