Reading assessment: james porter | Article writing homework help
Instructions: Answer the following questions related to James Porter’s “Intertextuality and the Discourse Community”; these questions are designed to get you thinking about understanding the text, and designed to get you thinking about the value of the text:
- How would you define intertextuality?
- What is the difference between iterability and presupposition?
- Why does Porter argue that originality is almost impossible, and all material is largely plagiarized?
- In what way is writing not a “simple linear, one-way movement”?
- Why do you think reading this is important for you to understanding writing, and how might you use this essay in developing your Formal Essay?