Research the topics of retention and separation for either Java Corp. or an organization of your choice. A minimum of two resources are required to support your work.
For this assessment, choose either option 1 or 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the Instructions below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are the new HR manager for Java Corp., a domestic cold coffee and tea company. Java Corp. has had trouble retaining valuable employees and the termination of a number of employees for performance and conduct has resulted in lawsuits. Prepare a memo to organizational management, analyzing best practices in approaches and procedures addressing each of these issues.
Choose an organization to use for this assessment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information to complete the assessment. You may use the same organization for the other assessments.
If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.
Research the retention and separation functions of the chosen organization.
Contact your faculty if you have questions.
Prepare a memo to organizational management. In your memo:
- Apply best practices in employee engagement to the selected organization.
- Include two best practices by HR professionals that would benefit the organization.
- Apply retention strategies to the selected organization.
- Include two strategies. How can the organization reduce costly employee turnover?
- Explain the significance of voluntary and involuntary employee turnover for the selected organization.
- Analyze how employees and employers get the best results using progressive discipline.
- What are two benefits of this approach?
- Analyze practical considerations in terminations.
- What legal and ethical factors should employers consider in these situations?
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length: Three typed, double-spaced pages.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Use a minimum of two relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources such as the Wall Street Journal to support your work.
- APA format: Format all citations and references in accordance with current APA guidelines.