Select an organization and conduct an in-depth managerial analysis of
Select an organization and conduct an in-depth managerial analysis of a selected organization, e.g., a corporation, company, firm or association (ideally, an organization which you have some interest in joining as an employee or associate). In your analysis you should address the following elements:
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What planning methodologies are utilized?
- Define and assess the organization’s strategy.
- Identify its customers and/or constituents; and its competitors.
- Describe how the firm is organized.
- Note the formal structure (organizational charts); also what informal entities exist?
- Describe the decision-making process.
- How does the organization manage change?
- What is the leadership style?
- Who are the organization’s heroes?
- Describe the motivational environment.
- Assess the effectiveness of the organizational communications.
- Comment on the processes for control.
- Note the type of controls.
- Describe the financial controls.
- Describe the operational controls.
- What role(s) do information systems play?
- Evaluate any innovative managerial practices.
- How is entrepreneurship encouraged?
- What ethical dilemmas are faced?
- What sources of “employee empowerment” are utilized?
- Role(s) of technology
- Assess your interest in joining the organization.
- Why or Why Not?