For the group project, you will be creating a database system to solve a business problem of your choice. The database system must meet the criteria shown below. In addition to the database solution, each student will prepare a system summary.
Database System Requirements (Group Work):
- Create a database and name it ITCO630_GPx where “x” is your group letter. Populate your database with appropriate test data.
- Include all of the scripts in a single file called ITCO630_GPx.SQL where x is your group letter.
- Create at least 3 related tables in the database.
- Create at least 2 stored procedures and a script to use each of them.
- Create at least 1 view (using a script).
- Create at least 1 trigger.
- Create at least 5 useful queries. At least one of these queries should use a subquery and at least 1 of the queries should use an aggregate function.
- All scripts should be well-documented.
In addition to the group work described above, each group member will prepare a summary document with the following information. This document will be submitted as a separate item along with the ZIP of the database and the associated files. Do not submit a single group document. This document must be created individually, and copying from other group members is not allowed. Your assignment must include the following:
- A Word document describing the system
- An ERD or other graphical representation of the system
- A description of the views, stored procedures, triggers, and queries
- Step-by-step instructions on how to run the queries that will demonstrate the functionality of the system
- A summary of strengths and weaknesses of the system, as designed
Each student will submit the database, log file, and query files in a zip file called ITCO630_GP.ZIP, and his or her own individual summary document as a separate submission. Please detach the database before creating the zip file.
Please add your file.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.