Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapter 10 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
- Read “Special Topic 5: The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes and Response” in Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice(pages 445 to 459).
Review each section below. These sections will provide you with requirements and steps for submitting your project to Waypoint.
For this assignment, assume the role of an economic advisor to Steve Forbes. Using this week’s required resources as well as at least two additional credible resources, prepare an 8-10 slide audio presentation highlighting the causes and responses to the Great Recession.
To communicate with Mr. Forbes, you will submit an audio PowerPoint with speaker notes that is 8-10 slides.
Specific questions to consider in your presentation:
- What caused to the Great Recession of 2008-2009? Address any monetary and fiscal policies that played a role before, during, and after the recession.
- Has the crisis changed the structure of the U.S. economy?
- Could a similar recession happen in the future, why or why not? Provide supporting facts for your opinions.
- What economic advice would you offer to steer the economy away from such a deep and long recession?
In this presentation,
- Hypothesize two to three causes of the Great Recession.
- Analyze the underlining fiscal and monetary policies leading up to, during, and after the Great Recession.
- Conclude on any changes in the U.S. economy from the Great Recession as well as any future recession possibilities of this magnitude.
- Propose a minimum of three economic policies and actions to avoid future recessions.
The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes and Responses recorded video presentation
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
For this class, this Week 3 assignment will be one of the assignments that apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your presentation to Folio once you have completed it and share a link in your submission to Waypoint with your PPT presentation to be graded.